| Michael Cavanagh
email@example.com | c. 401-662-1444
- Director of Landscape Architecture and Construction
- Ecotope Environmental Services, 150 Colfax Street, Providence RI
- Directing the operation of landscape architecture, design, and construction since March 2010.
- Cavanagh Landscape Design LLC
- Owner/ operator of landscape design/build company offering full landscape design services, consultations, planning, construction, property management; licensed & insured; 1992-present.
- Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI 2010; installed green roof patio garden, approx. 3000sf.
- Demery Memorial Park, Middletown, RI 2007-2009
Awarded three-year contract to install & manage a new, 6-acre wildflower/native plant park.
- MeadowBrook Waldorf School, Richmond, RI 2006-2009
Consulted & Designed for the 22-acre site development of an Elementary School; opened, 2007.
- Castle Hill Inn and Resort, Newport, RI 2000-2009
Renovated 42-acre oceanfront property including planning, designing, staged installing and coordinating seasonal displays. Currently engaged in creating a Master Plan.
- Horticultural Seminar, Panama City, Panama, 2008. Participated as a design instructor in two-week seminar. Hosted by Summit Park, coordinated by the
Fairchild Botanical Gardens of Florida and Conway School of Landscape Design.
- Rhode Island Flower and Garden Show, Providence, RI 2007, 2009-2011 Design Exhibitor,
Award recipient in 2007 and 2011. Roger Williams Park Botanical Gardens, Design Position, 2003. Design team member working on the development of plans for park renovations. Private Land-Use Development, Sosua, Domincan Republic, West Indies, 1994-99, Designed, organized and implemented land clearings, crop & tree plantings, and construction of two homes on 15 acres of land adjacent to National Forest, local labor, completely off grid (no municipal electric, water, sewer) with no motorized equipment, and in local Spanish dialect.
- Licensed Arborist, licensed in RI since 1993.
- Registered Contractor , State of RI, licensed and insured since 1994.
- Member of RI Nursery and Landscape Association, since 1998.
- Member of Ecological Landscape Association, since 2004.
Conway School of Landscape Design, Conway, MA, 2001-02. Graduated 2002.
Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, 1984-88
- Masters of Arts in Landscape Design;
Formal projects included:
- Full residential designs, and Open Space Plan in North Stonington, CT
- Design for a Historic Town Triangle in Southborough, MA.
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 1988
Conversational Fluent in Spanish